Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Joy Meter

Have you checked your Joy Meter lately? We know in Galatians 5:22, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, and self control". As Christians, we have a Joy Meter. How is your joy lately?

The Greek word for joy is Cara or Chara. It literally means joy, and gladness. It is used 57 times in the New Testament alone. Sometimes I forget to keep tabs on my Joy Meter and I find myself grumbling about things I shouldn't grumble about.

Are you becoming more joyful each day? With the help of the Spirit, our Joy Meter should be tapped out or at least moving a little more in that direction each day.

If you, like I, struggle with this from time to time, would you join me in a quest to tap out our Joy Meters? Just think of the impact we could have on our lives and the lives of those around us. Joy is contagious. Would you join me in spreading it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Checking this out myself. The gave me the word "Joy Meter" too! LOL

Oh the different dimensions to joy.