Monday, August 20, 2007

Right from Wrong

What has happened to the days of right and wrong? It seems most parents today are deciding to raise their kids to determine their own rights and wrongs. Sadly, this is prevalent in the church today. Are moral absolutes a thing of the past? Are they uncool? Is it the newest fad to be a Christian who embraces your sins?

Didn’t Jesus teach us to change our behavior? "…Go now, and leave your life of sin", Jesus said in John 8:11. So isn’t Jesus saying there is a right and a wrong way to live?

Please don’t misunderstand. I am not in favor of legalism. You know, no jeans at church, no dancing and the like. But if God say’s "no" in His Word, the answer my friend is "no". And let me say, following the rights and wrongs in the bible makes life much easier. You won’t be free from difficult times, but the difficult times you do have will be drastically reduced.

So dust off your bible and read of the many examples of rights and wrongs. It is my prayer that you can learn from the mistakes of those in the bible so you can avoid making the same mistakes in your life. If you have kids, don’t be afraid to teach them right from wrong and use examples from your life. It may seem as thought your kids are not listening, but they are.

1 comment:

Stephen R. Maloney said...

Dear Revka: I think you look fine.

On my own blog today (August 27, 2007 at http://camp2008victorya.blogspot.com, I offer some good advice to Gov. Huckabee on how he can advance his standing in the race for the Republican nomination and the presidency. I'd love to hear your comments (and get your support for my suggestions). Thanks.

steve maloney
ambridge, pa
national coordinating team Palin 4 VP


Many Huckabee backers are also supporting Sarah Palin for V-P