Monday, December 10, 2007

Wolves

In chapter 20 of the book of Acts, Paul warns the elders at Ephesus to "be on their toes" in protecting their flock from wolves. He says:

"I know that as soon as I'm gone, vicious wolves are going to show up and rip into this flock, men from your very own ranks twisting words so as to seduce disciples into following them instead of Jesus". (From The Message)

I believe this is not only a message for the church leaders in Ephesus, but for all church leaders of all times. It is amazing to me that these "wolves" pop up when you least expect them. I believe they are used by the evil one, sometimes unaware they are being used.

I think God expects all of his people to stand up for the faith. If and when storms hit your church, stand and fight against these "wolves". Don't allow them a stronghold in your church. Don't run for a more "safe" church.

It is my prayer that we all take Paul's advice here and be on our toes when looking for wolves. Let's not become so comfortable that we miss them when they pop up.

1 comment:

Anne Thompson said...

Word! We recently had some of that in our church, and so many people left, it was a shame. But we are all good now! I enjoyed your blog also.